Friday, April 25, 2008

Birthday Questions



I got this idea from my sister-in-law Katie. You ask your kids the same questions each year on their birthday and see how their answers change over the years. It's priceless.

If you could have one super power what would it be?
Derek-The power to transform into a Dinosaur.
What was the last chore that you did?
Derek- “I think It might be excercising.” (Zac started this we’re lucky they don’t have to wear eye patches while they do their push ups and crunches.)
What is you favorite color?
Derek –“Blue and Brown.”
What is your favorite song?
Derek- “I like to move it move it.” (from Madagascar)
What is your favorite food?
Derek –“Chocolate Milk and Chicken Nuggetts.” (proud parenting moment)
What is the nicest thing you have done for someone in your family lately?
Derek- I shared my candy I got from the bishop.” (with Trevor, the candy was for his birthday)
What is your favorite game?
Derek –“Sprout online dot com.” (holy cow he knows about dot com already)
What makes you mad?
Derek- “When me and Trevor fight.”
Where would you like to go on vacation next year?
Derek- To Grandma’s house or something like that.
Who is the smartest person in your family?
Derek- “Well Trevor’s not, I’m not, Mom’s not, Dax is not, I think it might be Dad.”
Why?
Derek-“Because he is the biggest.”
How are you like your Dad?
Derek-“Because I have blue eyes like Dad.”
How are you like your Mom?
Derek-Long Pause “I don’t know.” Because your pants match the color of my shirt that I am wearing right now.
What is one thing your Dad has that you would like to develop.
Derek- “When Daddy wears a blue shirt and pants I want to wear that too."
What is one thing that Mom or Dad always says to you?
Derek- “Don’t wake up Dax when he is sleeping.” (another proud parenting moment, hmmm nothing to do with I love you?)
What is one thing that you and Dad did together that you will always remember?
Derek-“Our trick where I climb up daddy’s legs with my feet and do a flip.”
If you had a million dollars what is the first thing you would buy.
Derek-"A toy hotwheels cars that comes with a track that gets picked up by a toy bird and then gets dropped back on the track by a toy bird.”
How do you know that I love you?
Derek- “ You tell me.”
What is your favorite cereal?
Derek- “Cocoa Krispies” (yet another proud parenting moment)
What is your favorite TV show?
High Five
What is your favorite vegetable?
“I don’t have a favorite vegetable.” (and another)
What is a personal item that you would never give away.
Derek- “All of my new birthday toys.”
What is your favorite book?
Derek-“Llama Llama Red Pajama.”
What food would you eat every day if you could?
Derek-“Chicken Nuggetts and Chocolate Milk.”
If you could choose a different name what would it be?
Derek-“Goo Goo in the Head Ba”
What is the scariest thing you have ever done.
Derek- “Put a blanket over my head to be a ghost.”
What is your favorite candy bar?
Derek- “A Totsie Roll.”
If you could eat at any restaurant for the rest of your life where would it be?
Derek-“McDonalds.”
What is the last thing that you did that you are proud of?
Derek-“The way I brought up your (meaning mom) dinosaurs so you could play with them."
What is the best age to be?
Derek-“I think it would be 100, because 100 is the biggest number.”
What is your favorite holiday?
Derek-“My Birthday.”
What is the best present you ever have received.
Derek-“I think it would be that shark Hot Wheels Track.”
What is your greatest word of wisdom at age 5.
Derek-“You learn stuff in primary… like about the Holy Ghost and how he is a spirit so we can put him inside of us.”

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Oh man! That is too cute! It makes me wish I would have done that with my kids!