Dax had surgery today (ear tubes) which went really well. He was happy as can be (even with his dietary restrictions that come with surgery) right up till they took him from me. The nurse that came in to get Dax was explaining what was going to happen and could probably tell that I was nervous because she said sweet things like "I'll treat him like he was one of my own," and then explained that when she takes the kids to the Operating Room there are usually no tears. I thought that was her trying to tell me to man up because she could see the tears welling up in my eyes, and the thought went through my mind "well maybe I will be the very first" then I realized she was talking about the kids... the kids usually don't cry. I knew Dax wouldn't mind going with her, duh!! So they whisked him away after a kiss from us and before we knew it he was done. He wasn't too pleased after the surgery but slept it off for a couple of hours and then was back to his happy ole' self by noon. We are crossing our fingers hoping for more sleep and no more ear infections!!
Who is your Life Coach?
7 years ago
4 comments:
I am so glad everything went well, I hope he recovers and has no more ear infections!!!! He sure looks happy in all of those pictures!!
I'm glad everything went well! You're one brave mama. :-)
Coop had his tonsils out too when he got his tubes. Just be careful about getting ANY water in the ears- that was our biggest struggle but Coop was about a year older than Dax and it was summer.
oh that poor little dax! Hopefully he'll be feeling better now
Post a Comment