Tuesday, April 24, 2012

To my favorite girl

Kate,
It's your second birthday today and I wanted to take some time and write you a note about yourself and some of the things I love about you at this age.  You have enriched my life and filled in gaps or holes in my life that I never knew I had. I love you so much and am so very blessed to have you in my life! Thanks for being my girl!


Things I LOVE about YOU!

I love when you take my face in your hands and point it toward your head so you can give me a kiss!

The way you say Ice Cream ... sounds like "hoccream". The way you say buckle..."buckwee."

The way you adore your Grandpa, you make eyes at him and hug him and sit next to him and stroke his head and talk about him constantly when he's not around saying, "Are you Grandpa, Are you?" (meaning where are you)

FYI you have all the men in your life wrapped around your little finger. This may perhaps be my favorite picture ever (below) because even though Grandpa wasn't feeling good and Dad had lots to get done they both stopped and got up and played Ring around the Rosy's with you and your Christmas dolly, over and over again...because you asked.



I love it when you come get my hand and lead me out to the trampoline to jump with you... your favorite thing ever!

You hardly ever laugh, instead you squeal in delight...ALL THE TIME!

 You have a serious sweet tooth, can't blame ya, it runs in the family.

I love to sing bedtime song with you! You usually sing the last word of every sentence. Your favorites are I am a Child of God, A long time ago, It's night night time, and the ABC song. You usually sing along with all of them and usually jump the gun singing the part that you know comes up next.



Sometimes when it's just the two of us and I'm putting you to bed for the night you'll just shower me with kisses. I know that is your way of saying I love you, so I'll kiss you and say it back.

I love how you sing Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. Apparently Jesus wants you for a SunbeaN, we all sing the song and pause when we get to that word so you'll fill it in with SunbeaN! You can imagine the giggles and laughs your older brothers get from hearing SunbeaN!



I love that you are always the first person to be there to comfort your brothers or friends when they are crying or throwing fits or get hurt. It's so sweet.

You are very friendly to everyone, frequently you will tell strangers goodbye when we are leaving a store and then proceed to wave to them then blow them a kiss. You sure have a way of making people smile!




Occasionally when you are sitting in my lap you will adjust my arms so that both of my arms are wrapped around you. I get it Kate, sometimes a girl just needs to be held with two hands! I've done the same thing to your Dad.

Dax tells me daily that you are his best friend in the whole world. The two of you hug each time you see each other for the first time in a while. You mostly call him by his full name but it's more like "Daxson." I love watching the two of you together, the relationship the two of you have is amazing!



You are a very, very social person, you like to go visiting during church and regularly sit with another random family, mostly with families with other little girls. You are always better when sitting with other families than you are when sitting with us. You love nursery and are like the welcoming committee when someone walks into the nursery room you will hug them or pat them softly on the head and put your face in front of theirs to say hello.

You tell us you are "drinkie" instead of thirsty. A habit picked up from Trevor and passed down from sibling to sibling.

You love to talk on the phone! Especially to your Nana with whom you have had very extensive and regular conversations most of which she did not understand because even though you talk fairly well it all turns to mumble jumble when you get on the phone.

We all think it's funny how you use Mommy and Daddy interchangeably when talking to your Dad and  I.  Well Dad doesn't think it's as  funny as the rest of us do!

Perhaps one of my favorite things is that when I close my eyes and imagine you at this age, I see you all dressed up in your Sunday best and you are galloping around in cute pigtails  looking so pretty and feeling so happy and excited with life that you can't just walk you have to gallop.  If I could I would freeze time so you'd always be my innocent baby girl who gives the best hugs in the world!



You a beautiful happy little girl and I am the luckiest mom in the world to call you mine!
You truly are my favorite girl in the whole world.  I love you Kate!
Love,
Mom


1 comment:

Andersons said...

She's such a cutie Gina - you are indeed a lucky mama!!