Wednesday, July 29, 2009

AT the YMCA


We went and stayed at the YMCA in Estes Park. Doesn't that sentence just make you wanna sing the song? Our friends told us about the YMCA of the Rockies and I have to say WE LOVED IT! It's a child's paradise and a great getaway! It's a family centered facility which is so refreshing when you have three kids! We went with Doug and Sue and Chalyse, and Chalyse flew out a couple of cousins to come with so Parker and Cooper came too! I have tons of fun pictures from our stay. I must say I think this is going to become a vacation tradition! They have these great private cabins that you can stay in, ours had a fabulous wrap around porch where we ate all our meals while enjoying the scenery. During our stay we played mini golf, went swimming, spent lots of time at the craft center making fun projects, the kids loved the little classes that they offered like Animal Detective, Parachute Games and Nature Graphics, we went fishing and even took a hayride out into the mountains where we had a campfire dinner and hot chocolate. We could have stayed so much longer! We can't wait to go back!


Daxton's girlfriend (we don't know her they just found each other)

Cooper, Parker and Trev showing off their Nature Graphics artwork














I love this picture!




the butterfly Parker caught and put down Grandpa's shirt



fishing



they had these logs cut out like chairs I thought they were pretty cool (it's the little things for me)



Dax fishing with his Dad




Derek and Coop kickin' it at the stables











these boys have too much fun together


our hayride











Don't worry Dax wasn't ever on Fire!



I saw this Truck and couldn't resist! Who could?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures- thanks! Thanks for showing Cooper a great time too. Now he has a new love for fishing- but poor Coop, I know his dad will never take him.