Monday, April 25, 2011

8 is Great

DSC_1624

Derek is now 8. We had a really nice baptism for him, Granddad, Nana, Grandpa, Grandma, Chalyse, Tracy, Shari, Kristie and their 8 year olds came as well as Carter who drove out with them. We had lots of ward friends come as well as one of his best friends Landon and the rest of the Kohler family. Dad gave the talk on Baptism and Granddad gave a nice talk on the Holy Ghost. We are so proud of Derek for choosing to be baptized!

DSC_0155

DSC_0163
Your new scriptures from Nana and Granddad!

And the birthday questions...

If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Disappearing

What is your favorite color?
Gold

What is your favorite cereal?
Any chocolate cereal

If you could only eat at one place for the rest of your life where would it be?
White Fence Farm because imagine how many times I could go down the slide, that would be awesome!

How are you like your Mom?
Brown Hair

How are you like your Dad?
Blue Eyes

What was the last chore you did?
Cleaning the toy room

What if your favorite food?
Strawberry Crepes

What is your favorite game?
Sardines

What is your favorite song?
The New Testament Song (recently learned in primary)

What is the nicest thing you have done for someone in the family lately?
Keeping Kate happy by playing with her

What makes you mad?
When Dax tries to attack me for no reason

Where would you like to go on vacation next year?
Utah because that's where our cousins live

Who is the smartest person in our family?
Dad

Why?
He just is.

What is one thing Dad has that you would like to develop?
Being good at Wii

What is one thing Mom always says to you?
I..L...O...V...E...Y...O...U...A LOT!

What is one thing you and Dad did together that you will always remember?
Well we do it every year, the father and son campout!

If you had a million dollars what is the first thing you would buy?
If I were an adult I would buy a place to live because that is most important, but at this age I would maybe buy a personal small TV.

How do you know that I love you?
You say it. Way too much, way too much!

What is your favorite TV show?
Phineas and Ferb

DSC_1645

What is a personal item that you would never give away?
I don't know because you can always just replace everything. I wouldn't give away anything that I like because I would have to earn more money to replace it.

What is your favorite vegetable?
Either carrots or broccoli

What is your favorite book?
The Superfudge Series

What would you eat every day if you could?
Crepes

DSCN0653

If you could choose a different name what would it be?
Billy Bob Joe

What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Riding the double loopty loop at Lagoon, but it wasn't that scarry

What is your favorite candy bar?
Hershey's candy

What is the last thing you have done that you are proud of?
Skydiving

DSCN0407

What is the best age to be?
I would say 0 still because then you get lots of attention and it would be fun.

What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

What is the best present you have ever received?
A swing set

What is your best words of wisdom at age 8 or the most important thing you have learned?
About Jesus

4 comments:

Andersons said...

What a funny kid! And no WAY you're old enough to have an 8-year-old. :-)

Unknown said...

Well congratulations on being baptized billy bob joe! That is hilarious:) I can't believe he is 8. What a sweet boy. Can't wait to see you in a week.

brookeisacrazylady said...

Gina, I just love these questions and can you believe we have 8 year old boys! how fun, maybe they will meet up at byu!

wish you lived closer so YOU could take pictures of my last little one!

tell your hubby hey from us

merdunning said...

Gina! So cute! I too, cannot believe that my roommates have 8 year olds! You guys are great!