If I could push the pause button I would freeze you right now, at this exact age so I could enjoy your simple sweetness for the rest of my life. We just celebrated your 3rd Birthday, I can hardly believe how fast time passes. For your birthday you chose to go bowling, although for the month leading up to it we were going to do something different every time we asked you. Here's some of my favorite things about you over the past year.

First of all I wish I could bottle up your giggle, I know it usually means you are getting into trouble, but it's so dang cute it usually makes me laugh anyway. I have to try hard to keep a straight face to punish you sometimes. If you weren't so dang cute it might be easier.
You LOVE tomatoes, we once caught you eating one like an apple, you call them BAmatoes.
You are very social, you love to have phone conversations, play with friends, or go anywhere there is action.

You are very loving with your little sister, a little too loving most of the time, you like to help her learn to walk (but really run) by facing her holding her hands and walking backwards around the house all day long.
You ask Kate all the time "How is my princess girl?" You love her more than anything in the world. You let her beat on you pull your hair and don't seem to care if she hurts you.

You sing ALL the time, some of our personal favorites that you sing regularly are "Secrets," by One Republic, "Just the Way You Are," by Bruno Mars, "Animal," by Neon Trees and "Jar of Hearts," by Christina Perri, you know most of the words to all of these songs, in fact you pick up lyrics faster than any kid I've ever seen.

You always want to "GO PLACES" which means get out of the house, you are just like me!
You still say "I LOVE YOU TOO MOM!" totally out of context.
You still say "I'm drinkie," for I'm thirsty and "pannect" for connect. If you don't know a word you fill in the first letter with whatever letter you think sounds similar, like BAmatoes

You eat anything and everything, you are by far our best eater so far. You even like salad and ask me to make you a salad for lunch occasionally. One time I made soup and you told me about 20 times during dinner that it was "Elicious." See there it is again.
My favorite thing ever is when you sing along with the silly little Mommy loves you songs that I have always sung to you.
"My little bugaboo,
You are only 2,
And I really really really really Love You!"
Although you regularly also change the last word to Poo and then laugh your head off.

You are now potty trained! Yea for me!
You HATE wearing most clothes, especially pants or any shirt with a collar.
You love to be outside, or doing whatever your big brothers are doing.
Some of my most favorite moments and most tender memories of you are when I am laying down with you for a minute before bedtime or nap time and I'll say something to you like "I love you Dax, Thanks for being my Boy," and watching a grin come across your face and then you'll say, "Thanks for being my boy too Mom," or my most favorite words. "I love you too Mom." There's nothing better in the whole world! Oh... and for the record Dax, I'll be your boy any day of the week!
Dax I think the best way I could describe you at this age is that you are a LIGHT. You BRIGHTEN any room you are in, you GLOW with enthusiasm. You truly are my sunshine! (By the way, you sing that song too!)

I am starting to learn that life it really just about those little moments after a hard day when your three year old says something cute or learns something new and you and your family smile or laugh and for a moment, let's be realistic a small flickering moment sometimes because then one of your siblings then hits another or something like that, and then I come back to reality, but for a moment there life seems perfect! Thanks for creating those moments for me!
I Love You Dax,
Love,
Mom
2 comments:
So cute Gina! I love all the pictures. Isn't it great to only have one kid in diapers:) He is so sweet... He reminds me a lot of Luka. I wish they could live closer together.
ok, is it ok that I am really crying….I mean tears streaming down my face reading this? Oh how I wish I could rewind the clock and write all those memories down! Gina, you are amazing! and you are right, Dax is darling!!!
Post a Comment