Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gina's Fable



So I have always had this secret fantasy of living on a farm. It seems so serene, simple and peaceful and my kids would be able to run free, you can see where I am going with this... Well I recently learned it may not be the life for me. We went to Wheeler farm with my sisters and kids while we were visiting Utah and had a great time. It is such a great place to spend a day! It's absolutely gorgeous this time of year with all the fall colors! The kids loved just roaming around with the cousins checking out all of the animals. We had a wonderful time and we could have left there after a full day at the farm and my dream would have still been intact. So instead, we decide to enrich the day by milking the cows. (You pay like 50cents to get the experience of milking a cow.) So we are waiting in line to milk the cow and the cow takes a big poo and it splashes up into someones hair, she makes a big stink about it and is practically dry heaving in the corner, all VERY funny to me at this point. Then comes my turn to milk the cow with Trevor. Trev who is a little reluctant to just grab a hold on it puts his thumb and pointer finger on opposite sides of the utter and tries to milk it. No Go. So the farm girl says just grab a good hold on it up high and massage as you pull. That was the point where I lost it. I just couldn't make myself get all up in this cow with my hand. It was like my hand was telling me to grab a hold and my mind was saying why the crap would you ever put your hand on that. I finally put mind over matter and did it, I milked the cow, but I can't say that I would want to do it again. So, the moral of the story is if you are ever asked if you would like to pay 50 cents to milk a cow, you tell them that you would RATHER pay them 50 cents to NOT milk the cow and keep your dream alive!




Zac helping me help Trevor

Derek was a natural




Just Hangin around




Fisher, Cole, and Derek in the chicken coop





The little piglets were soooo cute!





Zac and Trev

3 comments:

Keri said...

That is by far the best story I've heard! I would have absolutely died if any poo was flung my way!

Unknown said...

It is fun- but getting up at 3 am to clean horse stall to beat the heat isn't HA- and you can't avoid the poo, no matter what

Christina said...

So sad when dreams are shattered! Oh, well, now you can be forever happy in a poop-free, HOA monitored subdivision!