We've been to Utah twice this month. Zac's grandfather Reed passed away first on February 28th and then his grandmother Margaret passed away one month and one day later. I truly believe that it is only through the grace of God that things this beautiful happen! Isn't that a great way to go, so close to your spouse! The services for each of them were amazing, their children and grandchildren and all did a fabulous job portraying the beautiful lives that they lived. I'll never forget Brigham playing a final goodbye for his grandfather on his violin, which was the most moving performance I have ever seen, or the very last song where Nick and his wife Chrissy sang "Goodnight Sweetheart," (one of Grandma and Grandpa's favorite songs) and I looked over to see Grandma singing along, in what apeared to be her singing her final goodbye. It was a sweet tender moment. I'll never forget Ethan's poem for Grandma, Grandma's poetic journal entry, or Todd's talk where he remembered telling grandma that the only letter he had ever written was a letter to a judge. I am so grateful that I was able to attend the beautiful services but even more grateful to have known such a wonderful loving couple who truly are people whose lives I can only aspire to emulate.
Goodbye Grandma and Grandpa, for now!
Goodbye Grandma and Grandpa, for now!
My adoreable nephew Luka
my cute niece Savannah
my niece Kaytlin
All the adults, minus Casey and Colin who are on missions
Ryan and Katie and family
Justin and Janet and family
Chalyse
Doug and Sue
Love this one! Yes, she has a sence of humor, even at a funeral.
and us!
3 comments:
I am sorry for your loss, but I agree, what a blessing to go together!
Very touching post- it made me cry. I love the pictures- I copied a few. The one of Luka is so darn cute.
You did a good job with the pictures, they are so nice. I want to go like that, only Justin can go last!
Post a Comment