Last night around 3am our carbon monoxide alarm went off because unbeknownst to us our Trev was in the hallway who we suspect pushed the test button. So, the whole family other than Trev was dead asleep when it went off and I have never seen Zac move so fast in his LIFE. He jumped out of bed and his feet barely touched the floor before he was out our bedroom door. He totally slipped on the carpet and ran himself into the doorway on his way out the door. I remember yelling "Zac calm down you are going to hurt yourself." He was going to have all three boys in his hands before I even got out of our bedroom. Apparently he thought it was the fire alarm and was off to rescue his kids from the flames. After it happened Zac said he was so doped up on adrenaline he couldn't get to sleep for like an hour and a half. Funny thing is just a couple nights ago our phone rang at like 3am and Zac kept trying to turn off the alarm clock. I kept telling him it was the phone but he didn't believe me until I showed him the caller ID, so yeah we missed the phone call (probably a wrong number) because Zac was turning off the alarm clock instead of answering the phone. So if you call us in the middle of the night and we don't answer it may be because we can't find the phone in time, (frequent problem at my house) it may be because we are turning off the alarm clock, or it may be because we out the window on our fire escape ladder because we can't distinguish between any of the sounds that come in the middle of the night! I still can't stop laughing about last night.
On a totally unrelated topic

We had an awesome birthday for Trevor yesterday he got to play mini golf, laser tag, go on a carnival ride and play in a foam ball house for hours, go to McDonalds for his birthday dinner and chose a Strawberry cake with chocolate frosting for his birthday cake. He was spoiled with presents and still has more to come. (Thanks KERI) He told us last night that he was NEVER going to sleep because then it wouldn't be his birthday anymore! (Hmmm... that may have something to do with why he was in the hallway not sleeping at 2am.) Anyway a big THANKS to everyone who called him to wish him Happy Birthday getting so many phone calls made him feel so special!
On another totally unrelated topic
I got a haircut and it's pretty bad! If anyone is throwing an eighties party I will be there because I now have the hair for it! I'm going to have to do my hair in all sorts of eighties styles and take pictures because what good is a bad haircut if you can't make fun of yourself for it. Oh, BTW I am looking for a new hairdresser anyone know a good one? I just FIRED mine!!! We had a bit of miscommunication. OK still too fresh don't want to talk about this anymore.
3 comments:
hahaha! this whole post made me laugh! And what was wrong with the 80's??? LOL I am sure it isn't as bad as you are saying....unless it is poofy and bi-leveled!
That is a hilarious story! Gotta love testosterone mixed with adrenaline. :)
And I can't WAIT for the 80s pictures!!
He is such a cute kid! Loved the story, and how you told it!
Post a Comment