Dax,
You used to do a little gimme motion with your hands whenever you wanted something which I always loved, now you just tell us what you want.
You do a little something every time you get a little Chocolate we like to call it the "Chocolate Dance." You are definitely hooked.
We have a play set in the backyard and in the fall every time it would rain your brothers would encourage you to go down the slide first, so you would get wet bum and not them.
Every night as I put you to bed I sing "I am a Child of God," you almost always sing along and now know all the words. Usually you continue to sing it to yourself after I leave the room.
You copy everything your older brothers do and want to be just like them. I can't even get you to drink out of sippy cups anymore because your older brothers don't.
You copy things that I say regularly like after you sneeze you always say "Bless you," and every time you do something, or when your brothers are playing Wii you say "Good Job," you also like to tell your brothers to go to "time out" and say "Hop Out" every time I stop the car.
My favorite thing ever is when you come hug my leg and say completely out of context "I love you too Mommy!"
You sing all the time and know all the words to "I am a Child of God," "The ABC's Song", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," and most of the words to several others. It's seems like you learn a new song that you come home singing every week after nursery.
You started counting to 10 a couple of months ago and now I think you are up to 14, but as far as animal sounds go, most all of the animals still say MOO.
Whenever you hear music you are ALWAYS dancing to it!
Your favorite thing to do at 5:30 in the morning (when you typically wake up) is to watch Super Why which you ask for by name. The best part is in each show they ask you to be a part of their team and say "State you name," and you ALWAYS say "TREV," also if asked how old you are you always say "four." So yeah we are aware of the identity crisis going on in our family, but it makes us laugh every time.
Almost every time Dad or Mom gets something for you to eat you say "Thank you Mommy." even if Dad got it for you.
Almost every time you say I LOVE you, to Mom or Dad you say "I love you Daddy." so I think your Dad wins there.
Your favorite thing in the whole world is the bubbles they do from the bubble machine at the end of nursery. You never want to leave nursery.
You say Derek's name like "Dergick" and Trevor is always "Trev" you say "I'm Drinkie" instead of I'm thirsty (you picked that up from Trevor) and I'm hungee Mommy, for I'm hungry.
You sometimes ASK to go down for nap time by saying, "Bink go night night?" You still love bedtime because it's the only time of day that you get your Bink.
You give your Dergick a big hug on most mornings and after school everyday. It puts a big smile on Derek's face every time you ask him for a hug.
When you hear the garage door close, regardless or not if it's reality you always YELL
"DADDY HOME!" and yes your Dad LOVES it!
You love jumping, you pull our couches apart several times a day so you can jump on the springy lower part of the couch, and usually you giggle the whole time you are jumping.
You are starting to love books and bring me books to read to you several times a day. You know most of the words to Goodnight Moon.
Every time I tell you "No" or not to do something you come back with "BUT WHY?"
You keep me smiling and laughing and enjoying life every single day! I love to watch you do what you do all day! I love your double chin and kissing your chubby cheeks! I love everything about you Dax you are perfect just as you are!
Happy Birthday little man! I love you so MUCH!
Love,
Mom






4 comments:
Gina!!! What a great devotional to your little guy! Can I copy that idea and adopt it to our David when he turns two?
He is super cute!
Photos are fabulous and your writing made me very emotional...
Gina, this is so sweet! What a great idea! What a cute little boy! Can't wait to see what a Robinson girl looks like! You have the most darling kids!
SO cute- love the pictures. Can't believe our little guys are 2 already!
Gina! I loved this! You are so awesome! I also love your blog and I am so excited that you are having a girl! Can't wait! We need to get together soon! You haven't even seen Cole and he is 13 months! Wait, have I even seen Dax? Yikes....WAY TOO LONG!
Post a Comment