Trev
So the other day I was printing off a new recipe to try for dinner when Trevor yelled "Mom you had better come down here!" Which usually means Dax is getting into trouble. Trev had quickly run to me and I said "Is Dax in the toilet?" because that was the general area that the sound was coming from. So then Trev paused for a second and then very carefully calculated his response when he said "Well he's not IN the toilet, but he's taking water out of the toilet with the trash can and getting it all over. His answer totally made me laugh, and thank heavens he wasn't actually IN the toilet right, just splashing around. Yum!Dax
Dax just recently switched to a toddler bed which was hard for about a week, (we switched him because he used to jump all night long in his crib like it was a trampoline, I think he would wake up just to jump) but now he is loving it and so am I. We usually ask him if he is ready for night night, and if he is he will repeat "night night." If he's not he's just laugh and say "no night night." About 95% of the time he will say he is ready for bed when we ask so it works out well. So today Zac asked Dax if he was ready for night night and Dax jumped up and down and said "Yea, Night Night!" and then gave Zac a big hug as he carried him off to bed, so I'd say the whole toddler bed thing is going swimmingly.
Dax just recently switched to a toddler bed which was hard for about a week, (we switched him because he used to jump all night long in his crib like it was a trampoline, I think he would wake up just to jump) but now he is loving it and so am I. We usually ask him if he is ready for night night, and if he is he will repeat "night night." If he's not he's just laugh and say "no night night." About 95% of the time he will say he is ready for bed when we ask so it works out well. So today Zac asked Dax if he was ready for night night and Dax jumped up and down and said "Yea, Night Night!" and then gave Zac a big hug as he carried him off to bed, so I'd say the whole toddler bed thing is going swimmingly.
Derek
Don't you love when kids are so young that they tell you when they did something bad without knowing that they just told you! So I pick Derek up from school everyday and I usually ask "How was your day?" and usually just get a "Fine" unless it was a party day or something and then I'll get a few very minor details. Last week when I picked up Derek I asked the usual
Me: Derek how was your day?
Derek: Why would you ask me how my day was?
Me: Because I want to know how your day was.
Derek: When you say How was your day, do you mean what color was your card today? (This is the discipline system they use at school for those of you without kids in school, if they act out they have to flip their card from Green, then Yellow, then orange and then red, and different consequences follow each card flip)
Me: No, (laughing) I meant did you have a good day, but while we are talking about it what color was your card today?
Don't you love when kids are so young that they tell you when they did something bad without knowing that they just told you! So I pick Derek up from school everyday and I usually ask "How was your day?" and usually just get a "Fine" unless it was a party day or something and then I'll get a few very minor details. Last week when I picked up Derek I asked the usual
Me: Derek how was your day?
Derek: Why would you ask me how my day was?
Me: Because I want to know how your day was.
Derek: When you say How was your day, do you mean what color was your card today? (This is the discipline system they use at school for those of you without kids in school, if they act out they have to flip their card from Green, then Yellow, then orange and then red, and different consequences follow each card flip)
Me: No, (laughing) I meant did you have a good day, but while we are talking about it what color was your card today?
Derek: It was yellow
Me: (Laughing too hard to lecture)
1 comment:
I can relate to all of it!! Nathan does the trampoline crib thing too but luckily not in the middle of the night (yet!).
Post a Comment