Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Girls weekend with a whole lot-a-boy around

Chalyse flew Savannah and Kaytlin out for the weekend for a Girls weekend and our boys got to reap the benefits. Thanks Chalyse! The whole bunch of us went to the circus Saturday afternoon. The show was great, the kids loved the motorcycles in the ball act and the tigers the best. It was great right up to the end when Kaytlin puked on the way out of the coliseum with tons of people walking around her. (so sorry Coliseum janitor) Kaytlin puking turned out to be a blessing is disguise (easy to say when I am not the one puking) because the kids were supposed to all have a sleepover at Chalyse's house Saturday night and there ended up being a gunman/SWAT situation a few doors down from her house on Sunday morning. (But that's a whole other story all together.) The point is we were glad ALL the kids were NOT there for that. So Chalyse took care of Kaytlin all night while she was puking and we got to have Savannah come home with us. We let all the kids sleep in the same room and Savannah asked if she could be in charge for the night. I of course told her she could be in charge so that nobody left the bedroom. So she took that very seriously, she was telling the kids bedtime stories and singing them songs. We put the kids to bed at 8 and we were still hearing them talking and giggling at 9:30. Savannah was so sweet it was like having one less kid around instead of one more. She entertained Trevor all during church and then Chalyse and Kaytlin came down and the kids played at our house all day Sunday. Monday we hit the Children's Museum before school. Both Derek and Trevor were super sad to leave the museum and their cousins. Best part is we only have to wait a few days to see them again!


The Circus
Elephants at the circus. Keri turn your head so we can still be friends.
The whole bunch at the circus. I was there, just behind the camera, use your imagination.

All the kids with their clown noses on after the circus!
Kaytlin looks pretty darn good for post pukeage.
Just outside the museum before we went in

Four little Picassos all in a row!
Love the Children's Museum! I'd like to move in and raise my kids in a wonderland of
imagination fun! I love this stuff!

Derek and Trevor in their costumes in the garden area of the museum.

The veterinarians studying the X-rays.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Oh gina, I loved it all except for those poor elephants! Ok, I forgive you, but don't tell Dave you went, he'll try and sneak my kids out to go!

Katie L. said...

Looks like so much fun, I haven't been to the circus in ages! Isn't it great to have cousins? We wish we saw more of our CA cousins.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking such good care of Savannah. She had lots of fun