
I never thought I would say this but I have been sugar free for 6 weeks now. I'm not really off all sugar mostly the candy, cookie, brownie all the crap that my body doesn't need variety. What's left? That's what I thought at first but now I can seriously taste sugar in whole wheat bread or in tortillas or in all the things I never knew had sugar. Why? I am an addict! After reading my friend Brooke's blog about how she couldn't even go a day without sugar and how she is a better baker than a cook, how she makes homemade treats every day I thought it all sounded eerily familiar so I decided to give it a shot and quit with her. The first few days were terrible I couldn't think about much else except how deprived I was, how much I wanted some chocolate (after each meal as usual )but the longer I go the easier it's getting and I plan on continuing for a while so I have a dilemma. My birthday is coming up, so do I quit for the day have some Birthday Cake or treats and then make myself go through the withdrawal and cravings again or just go without? Hmmm...
4 comments:
First of all, you're crazy. Secondly, you're amazing! I couldn't do it. I say make your birthday cake with Splenda. Would that count?
Way to go Gina! Really impressed.
You smoked me. I'm like on and off. mostly if you eat it on your birthday you'll probably realize how bad it makes you feel...but whats a birthday without a little cake and ice cream? thats the biggest thing i've learned is that only indulge when its really really good stuff and not just any ole' cookie. and then only 1 or 2 not 8! seriously 6 weeks is awesome! i've never made that straight!
i'm loving those single packets of crystal light...they are so good. especially the green grape flavor.
Way to go Gina! Really impressed.
You smoked me. I'm like on and off. mostly if you eat it on your birthday you'll probably realize how bad it makes you feel...but whats a birthday without a little cake and ice cream? thats the biggest thing i've learned is that only indulge when its really really good stuff and not just any ole' cookie. and then only 1 or 2 not 8! seriously 6 weeks is awesome! i've never made that straight!
i'm loving those single packets of crystal light...they are so good. especially the green grape flavor.
Balance in all things:)
Post a Comment