Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Weekend


The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays for some reason, I think because it's just a day of family fun with no expectations attached. We had a great time this year especially because Zac's parents and grandmother flew out and Chalyse came down to hang out all weekend. We started the 4th out with a local parade which I think was the boys first parade ever. They got tons of candy so they thought it was pretty cool, then we went to the bike parade where they get to ride there bikes behind a firetruck just around a neighborhood (however they talked about this for days after doing it last year) then came the carnival where they have pony rides and face painting and an obstacle course and train rides and of course the fireworks at night.

On Saturday we went to an Arts Festival and to our favorite Italian Restaurant for lunch/dinner (we ate so much we couldn't eat dinner.) On Sunday we relaxed took a walk to the park, played games and then it was time for them to fly home. We loved every minute! I was especially glad to have Grandma Maleta come, what a sweetheart, the kids seemed to really have bonded with her while she was here.

everyone watching the fireworks






the pony rides




the carnival with Kenzie

train ride at the carnival



Derek mastering the obstacle course



Trevor jumping on the obstacle course...notice how his helmet completely covers his eyes...he did the whole thing blind too! Now that's impressive!!


with Grandpa at the park





Grandma and Dax time





Derek and Trevor both thought that riding in Grandma Maleta's wheelchair and holding her cane were both about the coolest things ever.



Just a random cute picture I took this weekend of Dax getting kisses





I love this picture of Dax and Grandpa just checking each other out.



Grandma Maleta and the boys




Maleta read books to the boys all weekend, Trevor stayed awake for all but this book.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Fun 4th of July! I am loving your pictures. I still need to get me a nice camera! Your boys are just too cute, they are going to be heartbreakers!

Unknown said...

Sounds so fun! I know it is hard to live far away but I swear that Doug and Sue have been to your house more than mine:) Can't wait to see you guys in a month.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have come. Sounds like a great weekend. I love that Italian place.

Ryan

Katie L. said...

Hi! I miss you. It just occurred to me yesterday that I never got to see the shades you ordered from pottery barn. Did they work? Send me pictures. Looks like you had a fun fourth.